Yoga + Desire Map retreat in Sacred Bhutan 2017
Journey inward. Press reset. Connect to your soul while connecting to the soul of sacred Bhutan. On this nine day yoga journey, we will tread softly on the path of the soul, as well as the cultural, historical and spiritual treasures of the mystical, ancient land of Bhutan. Journey through enchanted and native forests paved with dwarf primroses leading to temples hanging on vertical cliffs. Practice yoga and meditation in an open rice field, on a mountain top with spectacular views of the Himalayan ranges against the backdrop of ancient Buddhist stupas as the sun peeks through the early morning mist. Relax and experience a soak in the unique hot-stone baths, dance to the tunes of hypnotic cymbals and drums, and taste organic Bhutanese cuisine. Expect to connect your mind, body and spirit to Bhutan?s secret recipe for happiness on this journey with Samsara Asia.
Day 1 Bangkok to Paro, Bhutan en route to Thimphu Valley Highlights:
- Meet with Samsara Asia Team to mark the beginning of an auspicious journey into Bhutan.
- Visit Tamchogg Lhakhang, one of the 108 chain link bridges built in the 14th century to reconnect with the spirits of Bhutan with a symbolic walk across this ironchain bridge from where you were to where you are going.
- Head toward Thimphu, the capital city of Bhutan at the cusp of modernity and tradition.
- Stroll through town area to observe and acclimatize.
- Opening Soul Limber yoga circle in the evening in the shadows and blessing of the largest Buddha Doderma (sitting Buddha) in the world.
- Welcome dinner and a brief talk on Gross National Happiness.
Day 2 Thimphu Valley Excursion Highlights:
- Pre-breakfast gentle yoga class at the base of Chari meditation centre.
- Buffet vegetarian breakfast at the same place.
- Empowerment + Soul Archeology before a mindful walk/hike to Cheri meditation centre through old growth oak forests adored with blooming rhododendrons and the call of the wild pheasants overlooking the meandering Wangchu (river).
- Recognize + Releasing Patterns before exploring Pangri Zampa, the 16th Century monastery that houses astrological studies and make offerings.
- Walk down and drive back to town for a local cuisine lunch at the Folk Heritage Museum and Restaurant. The folk heritage museum holds interesting artifacts housed in a three-storied Bhutanese chalet-like house.
- Witness an archery match (Bhutan?s national sport), explore the architectural marvels of Tashi Chhoedzong (optional) evening yoga class at hotel.
- Dinner at the hotel . Heading out to one of Thimpu?s night clubs is optional to get a glimpse into the modern life of Bhutan.
Day 3 Thimphu Valley Highlights:
- Early morning yoga class and breakfast at the hotel.
- Choose! Setting Core Desired Feelings.
- Visit the Changangkha Lhakhang, the 12th Century temple perched on a ridge above the centre of the capital city. Receive blessings from the ritual dagger and head toward the National Institute of Traditional Medicine (NITM).
- The NITM is an alternative healing regime based on Tibetan herbal medicines. Some 300 plant species are used to treat dis-eases cause by imbalances in the energies of the body. . Lunch will be served at another authentic Bhutanese local restaurant but a choice of continental and pizza places are available too.
- Visit the 13 arts and craft School, a visual odyssey into the traditional art and craft of Bhutan. From sculpting, carving and embroidery to painting and black smithy. . Afternoon visit to the national library that houses ancient Bhutanese and Buddhist literature and manuscripts. . Followed by an evening stroll toward Sangaygang and the Takin Reserve. Tea will be served on the hill overlooking the beautiful Thimphu City.
- Dinner at the hotel.
- Evening Yoga Nidra.
Day 4 Thimphu to Punakha Highlights:
- Early morning yoga class and breakfast at the hotel. Intro to Goals with Soul.
- Drive to Punakha through the Dochula pass with a spectacular view of the Himalayan ranges circumambulating the 108 stupas at Dochu La.
- As we descend into Punakha valley, a short hike to Chimi Lhakhang and the legend of the red phallus of the Divine Madman awaits with a fine line between the sacredness and the profanity of human kind.
- Lunch at a local restaurant en-route to the beautiful Punakha valley, the ancient capital of Bhutan. Choosing Your Goal Vocabulary + Energy Exfoliating (45 minutes).
- Explore the Punakha Dzong, a religious and local government center strategically located on an island between the Pho Chu and Mo Chu (male and female rivers).
- An evening stroll along the Phochu to search for the rare and critically endangered White-bellied Heron is optional but crossing the longest suspension bridge is an experience.
- Dinner at the hotel with a short talk on the natural heritage and environmentalpolicy of Bhutan.
- Optional yoga nidra.
Day 5 Punakha Valley Excursion Highlights:
- Early morning yoga
- Breakfast and Your ?Stop Doing? List.
- Begin a hike to the gorgeous lhakhang of Khamsum Yuelley Namgyal Chorten through beautiful mustard and paddy fields dotted with traditional Bhutanese houses.
- Enjoy a picnic lunch and stunning view of the valley after the hike. The Art of the Holy ?No?.
- Visit a nunnery and get a glimpse into the life of a Buddhist nun. Dream Soup.
- A short talk of the Phallus and the Divine Madman at the hotel after dinner.
- Optional yoga nidra
Day 6 Phobjikha Highlights:
- Early morning breakfast. ?Surrender Fear - eclipsing Thought Forms? and drive to Phobjikha via Wangdiphodrang.
- Make a smoke offering at one of the highest passes at Pelela among frs, rhododendrons and junifer forests.
- Lunch at Pelela/Lawala and visit the Gangtey monastery perched in a small hill with a stunning view of the glacial valley that is home to the Black-necked Cranes which migrate to Bhutan from Tibet in the winters.
- Visit the Carbet making factory.
- A light downhill walk toward Khewang and the Black-necked Crane Information Center with an en route stop at the Khewang Lhakhang.
- Tea at the BNC Center with presentation on the valley, its culture and natural environment.
- Evening Yoga at the BNC Centre.
Day 7 Phobjikha to Paro Highlights:
- Early morning breakfast and discover your Soul Tribe.
- Drive to historic Paro valley with lunch at the Dochula Chorten.
- Enjoy lunch at a local restaurant in town.
- Visit to the national museum.
- Head down a hillside trail to visit Rinpund Dzong with a commanding view of the Paro Valley and follow an ancient path to Tshongdue town while becoming grounded in your CDFs.
- Evening yoga near a river side close to the hotel to set Goals With Soul.
- Dinner at the hotel.
Day 8 Paro Valley and Chelela Highlights:
- Early morning yoga class and breakfast at Chelela Pass with a stunning view of Bhutan?s famous mount Chomolhari against the backdrop of wild flowers and colourful prayer fags.
- Lunch in town and creating your Action Plan for living your desires.
- Drop down to the valley and visit the 8th Century Kyichu lhakhang and come face to face with the present life-sized Buddha, a replica of the Jowo in Tibet Lhasa.
- Spend a day on a farmhouse and dine with a local family and partake in folk and masked dances.
Day 9 Paro Valley and Taktsang Highlights:
- Take a short drive to the north of Paro Valley to Ramthankha to begin your hike to the legendary Taktsang Monastery (Tigers? Nest), a famous landmark which requires a hike of approximately three hours to learn the history and birth of Buddhism in Bhutan.
- Hike down and head back to the hotel for a late afternoon rest.
- Evening yoga class to solidify and declare desires.
- Hotstone bath with local brew to relax soothe the aces from the 9 days of winding roads and mild hikes around Bhutan.
- Farewell dinner at the hotel.
Day 10 Homebound Highlights:
- Group breakfast and check-out.
- Transfer to Paro Airport (PBH) for your fight to Bangkok.
DURATION - 10 days - 9 nights, May 5 - 14, 2017
GROUP SIZE - 12 - 15 people
TOUR COST -USD $2250
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE COST:
? Twin sharing accommodation (single supplements are available for extra cost) in a minimum 3 star hotel ? Daily three meals (B,L,D) and hotel beverages
? Visa management
? Airport transfers and inland transport in a comfortable coach
? Daily mandatory tariffs ? Guided tour with a licensed tour guide
? Expert talks on Bhutan
? Personal yoga mentor and Desire Map coach throughout the tour, The Desire Map audio or ebook and workbook
? All entry fees for the above sights and additional activities as listed on the itinerary
? Bottled water ? Full service and assistance before, during and after the trip
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE COST:
? Flights from and to Bangkok and other International fights (can be arranged by upon request)
? Logistical costs in Bangkok or other stopovers (can be arranged by us on request)
? Any video or still camera fees assessed by the monuments or places of interest
? Gratuities/tips (for your Bhutanese guide ? all other gratuities are covered)
? Items of a personal nature (phone calls, souvenirs, spa services, etc)
? Yoga mat
? Travel Insurance
To register: www.samsara-asia.com
SACRED DESTINATION TOURS WITH SAMSARA ASIA?
Email - email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org?
Mobile - (+975) 17603482